My Husband truly is one of the sweetest people I know, it could be a result of the copious amount of honey he consumes. He loves his honey more than Pooh Bear, but it's just his nature.
He's also extremely thoughtful, kind hearted and just an all around good guy. I thank my lucky stars every night that I get to be married to him.
Along with his love for honey, i've never seen anyone appreciate peanut butter more than he does. So in honour of him and his love for sticky stuff I started a tradition, going on for a few years now, and make him a peanut butter pie for his birthday.
This pie is ridiculously rich and delicious and could not be easier to make, no baking involved at all and is the best thing to make for the peanut butter lover in your life.
Peanut Butter Pie
For the Crust
1 1/4 Cups Oreo Cookie Crumbs
1/4 Cup Butter Melted & Cooled to room temp
- Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter into a medium size bowl and mix until the crumbs are all coated with the butter
- Dump the buttery Oreo Crumbs into a 9in pie dish and press evenly to coat bottom and sides of the pan
- Set aside
For the Filling
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
1/4 Cup Sugar
8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
1 Cup Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter (I used Smooth)
1 Cup Icing Sugar
- Whip the cream & 1/4 of sugar until stiff - Set aside
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until smooth and creamy
- Add the peanut butter to the cream cheese and mix until well incorporated
- Slowly add all the icing sugar to the peanut butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth
-Add in a quarter of the whip cream to the peanut butter mix and beat until smooth and the mixture is lightened, then fold in the rest of the whip cream by hand
-Pour the fluffy peanut filling into the pie shell and refrigerate for a couple hours
For the Topping
-Whip 1 Cup of heavy cream with 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract until just stiff peaks form
- Spread the cream over the top of the chilled and set pie filling and top with peanut halves or chopped peanuts
Then finally serve and eat!!!