"if you wish to be glamorous, become a cake baker" -The Joy of Cooking

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flower Power!!

Here is a cake similar to the last flower cake I made for my bf’s Oma. I'm so proud of it and although   Cupcakes with sprinkles make me happy…cakes ridiculously covered with flowers make my heart sing ...


I added a butterfly to this one- also gumpaste

I piped the leaves using leftover buttercream that I tinted green



The roses are made with gumpaste...the rest of the flowers were done in royal icing.


5 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! ( Just think of me saying it like the way Opera does)!!!!! ahahh Love you everythings>

    Congratulations on the new blog......

    Loves,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. OPRaahhh not OPera... ahahahah! I"m a geek and very tired... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Romina,

    The blog looks great! I see a book deal, then a movie in your future!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are looking build your cookie cutter collection there is a great kitchen supply shop located in the St. Lawrence Market. They have a mad assortment of cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rob...I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete