"if you wish to be glamorous, become a cake baker" -The Joy of Cooking

Friday, April 22, 2011

Fleur de sel Caramels

My new obession! I LOVE this book! I can't wait to try out all the recipes :)

The first recipe I made from Sugarbaby by Gesine Bullock Prado: Fleur de sel caramels! I was a little nervous since it was my first time at candy making

They were A LOT easier to make than i thought it would be and they tasted AMAZING

letting the HOT caramel cool down enough to cut them into bite size pieces

I wrapped them in little squared of wax paper


Fleur de sel Caramels:

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 cups sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 teaspoon sea salt

PROCEDURE

Line a half sheet pan with parchment and spray with non-stick cooking spray.

•In a heavy saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, corn syrup and salt.  Stir over medium heat until the sugar has melted.  Attach a candy thermometer and allow the caramel to reach 254º.  Take from the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla.
•Immediately pour the caramel into the prepared pan.  Tip the pan from side to side gently so that the caramel is evenly distributed.

Let the caramel cool before cutting them in strips and then in bite sized pieces.  ENJOY!
Thanks Gesine this recipe and the amazing book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment