"if you wish to be glamorous, become a cake baker" -The Joy of Cooking

Monday, April 18, 2016

The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook


A few weeks ago a fellow co-worker was stunned when I confessed that I never seen an episode of Downton Abbey.  She insisted that I had to start watching.  This was only 3 weeks ago and thanks to Netflix, my husband and I binged watched SIX seasons in that time!!! I know I may not want to be proud of this fact but honestly it was that good, like the Lays Potato chip, each night we could never just stop at one.

For me, one of the most fascinating parts of the show was Ms. Patmore's kitchen, to me that kitchen was gorgeous! All those copper pots and vintage Grip Stand bowls and all the food she was preparing every single show was so intriguing.  Every time there was a  scene with a fancy dinner, tea or luncheon I wanted to know exactly what they were eating and how Ms. Patmore and her kitchen maid Daisy prepared it, so when I found this gem of a book I HAD to have it!


The Unofficial Downton Abbey Cookbook: From Lady Mary's Crab Canap√©s to Daisy's Mousse Au Chocolat More Than 150 Recipes from Upstairs and Downstairs.  By: Emily Ansara Baines, 2014

I ordered mine from Chapters and it was a nice surprise when I got home from work to find it had arrived today :)

CAN'T wait to start reading, cooking and baking Downton style!!

No comments:

Post a Comment