"if you wish to be glamorous, become a cake baker" -The Joy of Cooking

Monday, May 23, 2016

Blackberry Cobbler


I'm not sure how, but up until this point I never made a cobbler before in my life.  I felt it was time.  A cobbler has everything going for it: ridiculously easy to make and the topping was perfect with the juicy fruit and softly whipped cream. It's homey and old fashioned goodness, yet it could also be impressive enough to serve when you've got company coming.  Ice-cream would be amazing with this too.

As the recipe suggests you don't have to stick with just blackberries you could mix in any kind you like or omit them totally if you don't like blackberries and use what ever fruit you like or in season. I used this recipe here if you're interested in making one too.

Pretty blackberries

a naked lemon! 

This is the sugar, flour, zest & salt added to the berries

Whisked dry ingredients - I just used a bowl & fork to whip up this recipe

Melted butter :)

Mix the dry & wet ingredients just until it forms a soft dough and gently spread the dough over the blackberries and bake


No comments:

Post a Comment